More and more people want to buy and eat organic food, to avoid pesticide residues and to support a more sustainable agriculture
More and more people want to buy and eat organic food, to avoid pesticide residues and to support a more sustainable agriculture.
Organic farming is a holistic system that moves one step further towards sustainable food systems..it is designed to optimize the productivity and fitness of diverse communities within the agro-ecosystem, including soil organisms, plants, livestock and people.
Organic farming focuses on improving soil health by
- Not using artificial fertilizer but animal droppings or compost
- Implementing intercropping and crop rotation to manage nutrients in the soil and to control pest
- Biological pest control
More and more people moving towards down scaling in living space, consumption patterns and ecological footprints
More and more people moving towards downscaling in living space, consumption patterns, and ecological footprints. Zero waste, organic farming, water management, energy efficient living are just a few concepts people and even whole communities implementing in their life Small scale farmers, schools, land and homeowners, businesses, educators, students, regional planners, and any others seeking to redefine their space in a holistic sustainable manner can gain out of it.
Introduction to Permaculture and Urban Farming
This popular 2-day course teaches you about the principles and ethics of permaculture and how to apply it in your garden and your whole lifestyle at home. We discuss different design systems, water harvesting strategies, different fertilizers, pest management strategies and most importantly you will learn, how to build good soil.
Courses & Talks
knowledge is power,information is liberating, education is the premise of progress, in any society
Environmental education is best presented as experiential and hands-on. It calls fort the skills of the entire person and builds dexterity in all areas of life, focusing on ecological and environmental well-being. The art of Permaculture is a design science that integrates the learning of all traditions and cultures and combines it with sustainable technology and science.
These topical courses go beyond the PDC in particular areas such as plants, herbs, water quality, Integrated Pest Management.
- Herbs: In this course we will be discovering the growth and use of herbs for medical purposes, in your kitchens and as teas.
- Water Quality: In this short course we will discuss the importance of good water quality, what are the threads and how we can measure it. We also look at the amazing life in a river system. We can all do something to save our rivers- this is citizen Science.
- Integrated Pest Management: This course will tell you more about what insects you would like to attract in your garden and which ones not, how to attract them and repel the bad ones and how to make your own natural pesticides.
“Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life.”
“Health is a gift from Mother Nature, the power behind life. Health is your birth right, not disease. It is as natural to be well as it is to be born”